Bitly is seeking mid-level and senior Front End Engineers to collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build innovative, application dashboards used everyday by our customers consisting of top brands as well as our sizable base of free users.
Our engineering team works on challenging, product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn.
As a Front End Engineer at Bitly, you will:
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to build, ship, and improve our core products.
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—or when not—to use them in a production environment.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently.
An ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows.
- Be familiar with other languages and/or concepts like immutable data structures or functional programming.
- Possess detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5.
- Demonstrate concern for application-side security models, client-side app hardening, XSRF, etc.
- Have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests.
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
Perks of being part of the team at Bitly:
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- Sherpaa membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Flexible vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Platte, and San Francisco's Mission.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.