Bitly is seeking mid-level and senior Application Engineers to help expand our product and back-end services which will have a meaningful impact to our customers and our business.
Our engineering team works on challenging product-focused problems. Our systems are built to process over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn. Some of the perks of working at Bitly are catered lunch, awesome snacks and beverages, and fun social events.
As an Application Engineer at Bitly you will:
- Design and build large scale, distributed, highly available, well tested, and easily managed services.
- Use a variety of tools and languages including Python, Go, Elasticsearch, Redis, Hadoop, MySQL, Riak, NSQ and more.
- Create, manage, and improve web APIs that clearly, accurately, and efficiently provide clients with the data they need.
- Work with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and turn that understanding into a specific plan of attack.
An ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code.
- Has a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services.
- Has a desire to work on a diverse set of engineering challenges.
- Is familiar with relevant tools and technologies and stays up to date with ongoing changes and advancements.
- Is able to identify and communicate the maintainability, development time, operational cost, and user experience trade-offs of different approaches and solutions.
- Has a bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience.
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
Perks of being part of the team at Bitly:
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- Sherpaa membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Flexible vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Platte, and San Francisco's Mission.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.