You have managed high availability systems with a multitude of virtual machines on multitudes of hosts in multiple data centers, used by millions of people. The kernel fears you, not the other way around. You understand linux enough to know that /proc is always the best place to look. You do everything from adding users and locking down boxes, to configuring and maintaining nginx/mysql/nosql. You're thorough and detail oriented, but you don't shy away from the bleeding edge of technology.
More About the Job
- Building and maintaining bitly's infrastructure, without anyone on the internet ever noticing
- Taking part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Supporting the business with project based work
- Automating and scripting everything
- Take lead on new projects and work with development to shape architecture of services
- Strong Linux experience , RHEL/CentOS experience preferred.
- Strong scripting abilities, preferred Python and BASH.
- Experience with Git/SVN
- Nagios monitoring, experience with any trending software such as Munin, Cacti, Graphite or Ganglia
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
While we are asking, It would be terrific if you also knew...
- Configuration Management experience with Chef/Puppet/CF Engine
- Management and deployment of Python web applications
- Hadoop cluster management